Monday, July 15, 2013

Heros in Christ

Last summer, I had the privilege of hanging out with the residents of Cricket Court. What is Cricket Court you ask? Cricket Court is a way of life for its residents. Cricket Court is an apartment complex. I am not going to lie. The residents of Cricket Court are rough. They live in poverty. They kill. They protect their own. They are greedy. There is a murder at Cricket Court frequently.

And God gave me the privilege of hanging out with the residents of Cricket Court.

They are people, children of God, just trying to make it. Some residents are there because they do not have any other place to go. There are older adults and on a fixed income. Some women are there to look after the little kids.

After last summer I hadn't heard about the families of Cricket Court.

Until today.

Today, again, God gave me the privilege of seeing some of the kids at Cricket Court. After having a really rough morning and asking, pleading to God to tell me why am I at this job. I went out to teach at a summer camp. It was only going to be 30 minutes so a real quick lesson. When I walked in there was one little girl that had on our VBS shirt from last year.."Taking It To the Streets" When I saw this I thought oh my Cricket Court kid! Little did I realize there were about 10 kiddos from Cricket Court. They were awesome! Just to see how they have grown after a year.

God is soo amazing and he gives you the strength to carry one in ways you may not even know it. I am so glad I didn't walk out of my job this morning. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten an update on these beautiful faces from Cricket Court. Most are thriving. All were well behaved. After having a bad attitude from all the adults around me, it was refreshing to be around energetic children.

We all have burdens, some are more pressing than others. Some burdens are dealt with differently than others. But in the end, we are all the same. Children of the Gracious God. He gives us just what we need when we need it. In His timing. My savior is amazing.

He has a plan for all of us. You may wake up and one day realize His plan for you. It may take you 10 years for God to reveal it. But when He does, He will guide you to it. Just have faith in Him and open your heart to fully trust Him. He has shown me mine. I have fought this for many years now, God has quietly told me that I am going to be a teacher. I have "faithfully" said "Yeah right, not me!" We have been going back and forth for YEARS like this. God has tested me and tested me to see if I would listen. After I finally gave in and trusted His plan, the pieces are falling into place. After today I really feel like that is where I belong, inspiring the kids that have no inspiration. To show the underprivileged that they are loved. They have a caring Heavenly Father who loves them unconditionally.

I will leave you with this verse. I love it and it says it all.

Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.



No comments:

Post a Comment